The Adventures of Jen

This is your life - are you who you want to be?

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

surprisingly

so if a poll was taken to see what is the most known english phrase in japan, it would be "OH my god! (o my got -spelling like my students) everyone knows and uses this expression. it drives me nuts. 3 year olds know it. what in the world???? honestly. everyone knows and uses it. i try to change it, but they just continue to say it.

another "fun" story. today i was sitting in my gym, chatting it up with my old man friend. he told me he likes my random t shirts. expecially the facebook one. becuase it says "poke me" on the back. he took the time to tell me that this is slang for f*** me. its a funny and interesting shirt he says. uhh... thank you, old man friend? i will not be wearing that at the gym for awhile. dont want to give the old men, who can apparently read and understand (more than i give them credit for), any ideas. ill stick with the "go bobcat seniors" shirt from now on...



anyways, this week is halloween + some parent observations. which i am teaching 90% of the observation classes. im a little stressed. but i think it helps that i get to wear a giant jack-o-lantern costume all day... little kids are kind of happy, and i get to play pin the face on the jack-o-lantern. i cant wait till dec. 22 (winter vacation)

1 Comments:

At October 26, 2007 7:54 AM, Blogger Cara said...

Hi Jen! It's great to read what you're up to, sounds like you're having a lot of fun. I got your email the other day- we were out of town for the weekend. Hope I get to talk to you soon! Have a good weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home