The Adventures of Jen

This is your life - are you who you want to be?

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

taking the time to update!

ok so much has happened over the past week or two. i finished up the halloween parties at school. i will hopefully add pics after if my computer wont take forever to upload them. then my mom came as you read in the last blog. it was a fun time had, hopefully, by all.

she came friday night, and i got to unpack a whole suicase of stuff for me. it was like christmas. i got clothes, toothbrushes, deoderant....wait this doesnt sound like christmas... hahah well anyways, things i wanted. then saturday we got up ad my japanese grandparents (gym friends) came over. we talked and ate-i cooked a good meal- and then my mom and i went into town. and met up with kayla. we wandered around, went to the japanese dollar store (which is so much more cool than the US dollar store) and then we had dinner, got sticker pictures, and did karaoke (the latter two mom didnt want to do, but i am sure she is sooo happy to now have those experiences under her belt)

sunday we got up and went and met some friends in town and went shopping, found souvenirs, went to eat and came back home. then all week i worked somom and i did some things in the morning then i went to work. then friday i had a holiday, so we went to kyoto- a very traditianal popular japanese town with lots of shrines and temples. we took the bullet train and got there in like 40 minutes. then we spent a day of wallking. and when i say we walked... i mean we were serious walkers. all day long we walked. we walked and walked. do you get the point? if not, ask my mom. then we chilled and had starbucks. after we got back to town, my mom went back to my apt and i went to a game night with some friends. we played apples to apples. i love tis game-- it brings back fond memories of my sophomore year of college with michelle and playing her apples to apples game. fun times. i spent the night at a friends place then sat i came back to my apt. we got picked up by my japanese grand parents and we ate lunch with them and another woman-who works at my gym- and her 3 kids. so much fun. then after we got back, my boss picked us up for a little wanderinga round in the car.

sunday we got up and went to church then lunch, then shopping, then home. i got a winter coat. its hot pink. i love it. i think people had me in mind while designing this coat.

monday mom went to the airport. and back to florida. bye mom. thanks for everything.

other random but interesting tidbits:

ive been watching greys anatomy like its my second job.
i a going to france dec 27-jan6. whooooooooooohhhhhhoooooooooooooooo
it suddenly got cold here. as in monday i wore a t shirt and tuesday i needed a winter jacket.
my room is a mess.... i need to clean, but i have a lack of motivation. hey youre lucky im updating my blog....

well i guess ill try to post some pictures.

oh maybe ill tell some cute stories about the kiddies at work...

one little boy -who used to annoy the crap out of me when i started- (who is recently one of my favorites) took my hand and kissed it during class

today i had 2 little boys who were kinda sad. one wouldnt leave my side and would cry if he couldnt hold my hand (he was sad casue last week he realized that his mom doesnt stay outsie the door while he is at class) the other boy was kinda quiet. h is usually a little bad and always running aorund doing bad things (he is 3 or 4) but today i called him for his turn to "buy some fruit" and he came up to me...his bottom lip trmbling, and hugged me so tight and wouldnt let me go (keep in min the other little boy is holding my hand and the rest of the class is trying to "buy fruit") so who knows whats gotten into these kids...

i like to make my students put their hands in the middle of a circle and on 3, yell "i am not a baby!"

ok well hopefully that was fun for you all.

japan is good. i am learning a lot. ive been here 5 months-nexy week

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home