The Adventures of Jen

This is your life - are you who you want to be?

Monday, September 25, 2006

free cigarettes?

ill start my entry off with a nice little story.

today, walkking home from the train station, i saw a man walking by me. as he walked by me, he picked up a cigarette butt on the ground (that wasnt his-unless he let it there earlier) and put it in his mouth. this was a guy in a buisness suit carrying a briefcase. i wanted to buy the man a pack of cigarettes. i was pretty grossed out by it. i mean... you reall have no idea where that cigarette has been...and just to pick it up and put it in your mouth... who knows, maybe ill be on one of those tv shows where people film others reactions to weird things...cause i know my eyeballs almost popped out of my head.


this also reminds me of the old man i saw walking (about 100 meters down the street from the cigarette guy in the previous story) who bends over, picks up a cigartte butt and throws it into the river. out of sight out of mind? i dont know. why not throw it away? why not ignore it? why throw it in the river?

somethings ill never know


i had a pretty good weekend. sat night i went out with tomomi to dinner at our usual place. no karaoke... oh well...ill go next weekend. then sat i slept in and went to meet my tutor for 2 hours. then i met my friend valerie and we went to her place then we went to her friends birthday party. fun times. lots of people. then sunday we went to english church and out to lunch with everyone. then valerieand i went to spanish church, then met her friends again at cafe.

in between outings, we watched pride and prejudice. its a great movie. i love love stories. i love romantic movies. actually i think the second time is better becasue you already know they will get togehter then you can anticipate it the whole time.


well im going to do some target.com shopping so my mom can bring it to me when she comes!

3 Comments:

At September 25, 2006 5:15 PM, Blogger rl said...

When is your mom coming??? She should have come to france!! Your old roommate misses you. She misses you so much she still hasn't changed the answering machine message. I know, sad.

 
At September 25, 2006 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jan, it's stan. how ya doing? glad to hear that you haven't started smoking... i guess if you decided to, it would be cheap if you just found used cigarettes all the time. one of these days i'm gonna dig a hole behind my ghetto apartment and see if i can dig all the way to you! talk to you soon (by soon, i mean whenever i find a really big shovel!.
jordan

 
At September 27, 2006 6:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom wanted to come to France...especially to meet the R's squared! But, sadly, I didn't have vacation time at my new job yet. I promise to come visit if Jen goes back to France! I miss calling and talking to you :) Jen...post some pix! I love you...Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home