The Adventures of Jen

This is your life - are you who you want to be?

Monday, September 04, 2006

whats new whats new whats new?

so its been a week since ive updated. what have i been up to? lots like usual.

this past week i worked all week. i sang a song about a swimming pool and another about washing dishes over and over. my favorite is when you bring in a tub of water to "wash the dishes" and there are 7 or 8 four year old boys... "keep the water in the tub" was the fork, not your neighbor" yeah, i have a newfound respect for teachers of young kids. preschool and kindergarten teachers. it takes a special kind of person. while the kids are groing on me, i only have to teach each class for 40-50 minutes.

thursday i was the popuar girl at the gym. about 3 old women came and sat next to me as i put my shoes on, talking to me, asking me to join the step class and so on. hahaha. people are really starting to come around at the gym. i enjoy going now and im not so hesitant even though ill hae to speak japanese.


friday night did my usual of going out to dinner and karaoke with my roommate and another japanese friend who studied at OU. fun times were had by all.

saturday i woke up at 10, talked to my mom, went back to bed till 1 haha. in my defense my stomach hurt. hah. then i got moving around and met kayla in town and we looked around for a gift for her friends wedding shes going to in a few weeks. then we mt up with this guy who studied in france for a year and we ate with him and then kayla continued shopping and i hung out with him an spoke french. it was great!!! i missed speaking french. then kayla came and met me and we went to hang out with another friend and eat ...i think it was like 8 30 or so, and we just hung out then eventually came back to my place.

sunday we got up and went to church. it was good. i really am liking htis church and the people. then afterwards a couple of us went to eat, and one girl, valerie and i went shopping for an hour or so, then we went to a spanish speaking church near her house. it wa really neat. i understood a lot. like 50 percent at least. but the problem is, i cant say anything and my brain is confused between japanese, spanish and french. so i cant respond even if i understand. frustrating. but people were nice. afterwards we went back to valeries place and looked at pictures and talked. then we went to the convenience store and bought some dinner. rice balls and candy. also we decided to try all thse weird snack foods, like fried pork, sweet potato jelly candy, octopus stick, etc.. obviously they werent all winners. haha. then i went with her to pay her rent and her landlords invited us in and gave us tea an crackers and other foods. they were realy nice and it wa neat to be forced to speak and understand japanese and try to communicate in a confortable environment. then we left them, with lots of rice crackers in hand and went back to valeries place. at this point i decided to spend the night casue it was late and why not.

so we talked a lot and i am so hppy to have her as my new friend. we will def. be seeing a lot of each other. even if we work opposite schedules. i came home this morning, went to the gym, and talked to some of my gym buddies and the AC was not working well. the gym employee told me and i understood everything she said. it was amazing. then i cam back home and ate and did laundry and here i am ready to start another week of work.

the goodnews is that its starting to cool off around here in the nights. i love it!!!
have a good day!

1 Comments:

At September 04, 2006 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am NOT eating octopus when I visit you!!! Miss you...Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home