The Adventures of Jen

This is your life - are you who you want to be?

Sunday, August 20, 2006

45 year old japanese woman

i went to the gym today to get a membership. it started out funny. we called to make sure i had the paperwork, and they tell tomomi that if i go tomorrow i dont have to pay the registration fee of 60 dollars. well tomomi cant go tomorrow and i can go, but i probably wouldnt walk out with a membership if left to me and my japanese ability. so we went and filled out the paperwork, got a tour, i got my fitness test and trained on the machines. tomomi was a good translator. people were really nice.

i went there dressed in jeans and flipflops. figuring you just go, fill out some paperwork, and get your membership.. no... thats not how it works. first a sweaty man came and asked me if i was ready to get sweaty. tomomi translated. i pointed to my flipflops and gave a blank stare.

no fear, the gym had rental tennis shoes. so i rented a pair, took off my shoes to go to the locker room, put on my tennis rental shoes, no socks, and headed upstairs to the gym. i would have been in heaven if i was looking for a nice attractive 60 year old man. the guy who gave me the fitness tests was really nice. did blood pressure, weight, body fat percentage, 10 min bike test. then we waited a few minutes for the results. turns out i have the health of a 45 year old japanese woman. great. my blood pressure is high, my body fat is a little high, my heart works really hard when i ride a bike.... basically im in bad shape. the man enjoyed my looks of horror as he continued on with the bad news of even if i work out and al this stuff, ill still have the health of a 31 year old japanese woman. i told him ill never be a japanese woman. haha. then he told me its ok, i can get healthy in 3 months. if i work out 3 hours a day. i looked at him and said...we friends in japanese. he just laughed. but i think after seeing him every day for 3 hours aday, wed be friends alright. haha

then he showed me the machines and such. he was a really nice patient guy. then tomomi and i went down to finish filling out the paperwork for me to bring back tomorrow so i can get the discount. everyoen was really nice. theres even a pool at the gym.

then coming home, i saw a little baby with its mom and the baby was staring at me. maybe it was 1 year old. so i said hi, whats your name, my name is jen, youre cute, bye, all in japanese. and it didnt really say anything back. so the goodnews is, i have a higher level japanese than a 1 year old.

awesome.

ok well stay tuned, ill have my first day at the gym tomorrow and im sure ill manage to do something embarassing to write about.

1 Comments:

At August 20, 2006 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

still loving the updates jen. ill be getting you a new wedding announcement in the mail asap.


josh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home