The Adventures of Jen

This is your life - are you who you want to be?

Saturday, August 05, 2006

the big switch

so i did it. i bought a mac. i didnt want to buy a computer just yet, considering my other one is like 2 year old. but ive had it. my dell has stopped working. the battery doesnt charge and ecen if it is plugged in, it still doesnt work. so i called dell from the last 10 min of life of my dell from skype only to get talking to a foreign gy who kept asking me to repaeat myself. i ust yelled finally, MY COMPUTER IS GOING TO DIE IN 5 MIN....I NEED YOU TO TELL ME WHATS WRONG. he told me there was a discrepency in my acct (look back 2 months ago when dell lost my computer, sent me a new one, and i ened up with 2 dell computers and gave one to my mom. ) so they basically thought i was someone who stole the computer and couldnt help me fix it, even though i technically still have a waranty. so i hung up and called kayla to vent about my dell hatred. then i decided to go to nagoya to the apple store and buy a new computer.

so tody i went. i talked to a nice japanese man named paul. haha and told him i needed a new computer becaue mine is done. and all my friends with macs are happy and im not. haha. so i bought a computer. then he kept asking me to buy these other things, but i told him id come back another time and get more.... i can only handle spending a certain amt of money a day haha. but then he threw in the whole .mac thing for 18 dollars. apparently it was like 98 or something. so i got a big old discount from paul.

i even got the computer in english with an american keyboard. life is great. so i picked it up after 2 hours (and card buying and chatting at starbucks with some of my favorite people in japan)


so i got home and took it out of the box, and it was all ready. i didnt have to install everything. it ws already done for me. so i sit here wondering why i even got a dell in the first place. oh well. i guess i appreciate this computer more. and i love that i can just go to the store and they can fix it if i have a problem.


last night i went out with tomomi to dinner and karaoke. its sad when my best score for karaoke is with the japanese song i sing. i get like 75 out of 100 for the english songs, and i get an 82 and 86 for the japanese songs. go figure. i dont even speak japanese.

i finished my first week of teaching by myself. it wsa good. i have a lot to learn. but i enjoy it.

ok, off to play on my new computer.

4 Comments:

At August 05, 2006 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on the new mac

 
At August 06, 2006 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I can understand the hating of the Dell. but what youre doing is comparing a Company to a Type of Computer. That doesnt work. just in case you didnt understand that fact.

Oh and of course the MAC was in english, the MAC OS has every language so all they did was click a setting. But smart move on the american keyboard. Japanese keyboards suck royally

 
At August 06, 2006 8:34 AM, Blogger Jen Eureka said...

ok well my dell computer, waranty and service was horrible. just to clarify. so maybe other dell computers are good.

also, to me, it is not common knowledge that the mac os comes in all languges. so it was a pleasant surprise. to me, paul the mac man is a genius.

 
At August 07, 2006 1:35 PM, Blogger leah v said...

congrats-you've finally switched from the dark side! just kidding. but i like that you've bought a mac. i also like that you're in japan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home