The Adventures of Jen

This is your life - are you who you want to be?

Thursday, February 14, 2008

happy valentines day jon

happy valentines day to all of you. now let me explain the jon part.

one day a student came to one of my classes to observe. to see if he would be able to join it. he was nervous. he called me jon. the other students found this halarious and fast forward 4 months.... they are still calling me jon. if we do class surveys, and interview one another, they write my name as jon. if they have a question, they call out jon. today being valentines day, and me giving away chocolate they call out-" happy valentines day jon!" sometimes if they dont like the homework i've given them, i get "jon, be quiet." i am not so sure why its so funny, but it is. they are 5th graders.

so i did what any self respecting mature jen/jon teacher would do. i gave them names. we now have erika (erika her name just pronounced in english) matt (moto) danny (daiki) romeo (ryuhei-he picked this one) thomas (taiki) and tom cruise (tsubasa) i can only imagine what someone would think watching this class. but at least they are really good and enjoy english and try really hard. yeah for jon-sensei.

now off to pack my bags. i leave tomorrow for tokyo straight after work. im getting ready. i bought a nice windbreaker today and a neck warmer than can cover my face if i need it to.

1 Comments:

At February 16, 2008 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha... happy v day jon. jon sense

-- travy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home