The Adventures of Jen

This is your life - are you who you want to be?

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

kasugai 10km

sunday i ran kasugai city 10km. (thats my city, if you did'nt know) i got up at 7ish, ate, and then biked over to the city gym (not my gym) about 10 minutes away. there's were tons of people. about 6000. i met up with a friend and saw a couple other friends and students who were there to race and or spectate. my favorite is my japanese grandparents who came. my grandpa brought a megaphone, jen-san flags, and 4 friends. they found me before the race (in the gymnasium) and started cheering for me. the only non japanese girl in the gym. hhaha everyone immediatly started taking pictures, thinking i was a bigger deal than i was. haha. fun times.

the race was good. i felt good. the weather was nice. i saw rach cheering for me at halfway. the grandparents missed seeing me at the beginning and the end!!! i have no idea where they were or what they were doing. i finished in 49 minutes. (remember, i dont train for short fast races, only long ones. so this was the first time i ran a 10km for a time.)

my friend finished in 1 hour (she's the one i paced for in the nagoya city 10km. we got 58 minutes on that one) so her 1 hour was great!!!

then i biked back home (with a mostly flat tire) showered and went to town with rach to meet friends. we ate. then i went with the boys to play basket ball (but it was crowded so i played ping pong) then i called up the crew and we all went to eat at a chicken restaurant. we had enough food for 20 people, but we were only a group of 7. we ate and ate (i slowed down and didn't eat too much.) after we did a bit of karaoke and then rach and i headed back to kasugai.


saturday was a say of interesting occurrences. i got up to run, was met with heavy rain, and went back to bed. got up later and got ready to meet my friend and her husband. we went to lunch at delicious park. (oishii park) and then we headed to the shinzi katoh museum. shinzi katoh is a japanese designer who designs lots of stuff.. apparently he's a pretty famous guy. we looked around the tiny shop ((which was in the middle of a large hilly suburb in kasugai, in a brick house with blue doors. we looked around the tiny shop. then the staff asked if wed like to see the museum part. there were some random paintings and dishes. then we were asked if we'd like to meet shinzi katoh (after my friend asked if he was already dead. to which the staff replied... uhh no, would you like to meet him) then one of the coolest guys came out and chatted with us. we had coffee with him. we looked at his products and just hung out.

then leslie, hisashi and i headed to the driving range. i like it. i may start going once in a while. maybe it'll be my next sport.

then we went to the mexican restaurant for dinner. the night ended with them dropping me off next to my building where a man was standing akwardly talking on his cell phone. the conversation went as follows:

jen: just drop me off by that guy talking on his cell phone who looks like hes peeing
les: ok, is this ok.
jen: (looking out the window at the man.) yeah.... uhhhh (laughing) that guy IS peeing. and talking on his cell phone (outside of my apartment and next to the restaurant)

we get out of the car, laughing at him. he's not even paying attention. just peeing and chatting. while 3 people pull up next to him in a car, get out, and laugh at him. he's just acting like everything is normal.

rach and i make a good pair because she doesn't like the pineapple and banana runts a lot so i can eat all those and she likes the orange and mango (the ones i don't prefer) i guess ill keep her around.

2 Comments:

At January 18, 2008 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think you really know me, but I know you...mainly from the people I know that you know. Confused yet? I think I am. Anyways, I started reading your blog from Talya S. blog and saw that you are a runner. I like that you keep posting stuff about your running but I am just curious what your times I for different distances and your training schedules. I have a blog/training (most the second one) at www.breakingthetape.com/ohio-runner. So yea...and my name is Lyndsey, and I not a stalker...I promise. :)

 
At January 18, 2008 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that most is supposed to be mostly..but I am sure that you figured that out...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home