The Adventures of Jen

This is your life - are you who you want to be?

Thursday, February 01, 2007

funny things

i think ill start today off with some light reading. i learned a couple months ago that just becuase the japanese call mount fuji- fujisan- this does not mean they are calling the mountain Mr. Fuji. (for those of you who dont know, san at the end of a name means mr. or mrs. ) however, after a mountain, it means mountain. it kind of makes me sad, i liked it when i thought japanese people said mr. fuji.

today my doorbell rang, and i let in 2 guys with strange pole like things. they told me they were here to inspect the smoke detectors. i figured noone would lie about this just to get into people houses to attack, so i let them in. we chatted in japanese and one of the men actually went to Ohio before. wow. small world.

i bought new shoes yesterday.. i hate them. i couldnt find any womens new balance running shoes, and i found out my feet are a tad too big...that they dont sell size 9 womans running shoes (at least at the stores i went) so i ended up with a pair of mens asics. i hate them. i ran today 45 minutes... my feet were in pain. so next fun adventure is to see if i can take them back... i hope.... at least i ran inside.

i got an email on my phone today from a man who wants to be my friend. hes not really a young man, but he hopes ill email him back. i asked my coworker to translate becuase i thought i was missing something. apparently i got junk mail on my cell phone email acct. haha

what else.

this week has gone by fast.. my friend spent the night last night and we went to dinner and talked. it was nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home