The Adventures of Jen

This is your life - are you who you want to be?

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

shoes

i bought a pair of running shoes at the tokyo marathon in february. i was really excited. they were cute. good for long distance runners, looked sturdy enough. they are asics. i had knee problems with my last asics running shoes. but i persevered and i ended up liking those shoes.

however, i think i cant run in these. its a shame. they weren't cheap. but every time i try to wear them in, i end up with a knee problem, leg soreness, and now this week...a hip problem. so i am done with them. at least for running. i can still use them for biking and cross training, and short walks, but no more running in them.

which leads me to my next problem.i need a pair of new balance shoes before my fall training starts in september.

so i may be asking someone to mail me the shoes i order...

this year is my year to break 4 hours. and i wont be doing that in asics.

here is my tentative fall/winter marathon schedule:

november: ibigawa full marathon
december: naha full marathon (i am also thinking to run the jacksonville florida full marathon while i am back in the US)
january : kasugai 10km (if i am back from the US in time)
february: inuyama half marathon
march: tokyo full marathon (if i can get in)
april: (depending on tokyo entry) Nagano full marathon and Shonai park 10km
may: kanazawa full marathon


that gives me 4-6 chances to break 4 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home