The Adventures of Jen

This is your life - are you who you want to be?

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

meijo park half marathon



i completed my second half marathon last weekend. it wasnt my best, i couldve/shouldve done better, but i guess i just need to accept it and hope/train for better the next time.

sunday morning, i was at the park at 9:30 to check in. my race didnt start till 12:30. but i was with some friends who were running the shorter races (3km 10:00, 5km 10:30, 8km 11:00 10km 11:30 half 12:30) so i watched and cheered until it was time to line up.

the race was challenging. it was 2 small and 6 big laps around a park. no signs marking the kilometers. this makes things difficult as the race was made up of 75% men. so i always have to be careful to run my pace and not start out too fast. but i have no idea how i ran this time. the best thing about this race was the fact that tons of my friends came and cheered me on. it was so great to have their support and cheering. everytime i saw them, i knew i could keep going. THANKS FRIENDS!!!!

the last lap was rough, it wasnt too hot, but it was humid. i knew i just had to hold on and break 2 hours. my knee hurt (i hate my asics shoes...but i wore them because they were expensive...) but i kept going. i got to the finish line and giving all i had left, i tried to pass the man in front of me...who saw me, smiled and pushed himself as well. we shared a smile.

i finished in 1:59 not my best. not what i wanted (but i guess i wasnt training for a half marathon as much since i started swimming and biking) i came in 4th place in my age group and probably about 7th over all out of women. out of everyone i was 249th out of more than 500 (i dont know exact numbers yet. i only know i was #502 and there were more people. )

i took monday off from everything and then walked for 1 hour both tues and wednesday. i gained a kilo. haha. i ate candy galore. now i am heading back to the gym today. im looking forward to jogging a bit. loosen me up.

my next run is a 24hr relay with a team of 12 people. i dont know any details but it sounds fun.

i cant believe its already thursday! almost the weekend again! where did this week go?

1 Comments:

At June 23, 2008 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Man, you are fast! Hope you enjoy the care package...whenever it shows up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home