The Adventures of Jen

This is your life - are you who you want to be?

Thursday, July 26, 2007

2 more weeks!

in 2 weeks ill be headed to the great state of ohio!!!! i am sooo excited! i really cant wait! I hope these last 2 weeks dont drag on!

a list of what i am looking forward to:

seeing my family
seeing friends
eating mexican food
shopping
dentist appt
going to a book store
caras wedding
not working
being able to read everything!


yesterday was a rough day at the english school. heres a summary

in my first class, 3 year old class, one girl came crying. she wouldnt stop crying. (she wanted to play with her sister and go to her sisters class) the first 20 min she wouldnt cheer up. so we busted out the watermelon and the class loved me. its so cute to see 4 little girls eating watermelon and making a mess! by the end of the class, she was happy happy happy

in my second class, 2nd and 3rd grade, i asked a boy to help me set up chairs. he ignored me at first, so i asked him again. he looked me in the eye and said (in japanese) "you can do it. i asked him again and he said , "why? you can do it!" If i ever have a child and he talks back to a teacher or anyone line that, hes going to get in big trouble.

3rd class, no problem

the last 2 classes i had were jr. high school and high school. they dont talk a lot. i spend my time trying to be a clown to at least get some sort of reation out of them. the first one is all girls. they try for the most part, they re just not that good at english. usually after about 10 minutes they warm up and are ok.

but the last class, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH they dont try. they dont line anything. one kid answers and they all repeat the same answer. i try to do fun things... they dont like it. they lead boring lives. nothing interesting happening

from what ive seen (i could be wrong, maybe kids dont tell me everyting) but japanese kids and teenagers do NOTHING. if i was a kid here, i'd hate my life. everytime i ask them about whats new. always the same. "i went to school. I went to club activity. I studied." wow. fun.

thinking back, i think i had a pretty fun time growing up. school, clubs, friends, going places, movies, roller skating and then in high school even more so.

well im off to yoga and aerobics class. its friday!!!!!!! whooohoooooo!

1 Comments:

At July 26, 2007 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hold on...so you are looking forward to the dentist?? haha..you definitely arent Japanese ;)
have a fun

 

Post a Comment

<< Home