The Adventures of Jen

This is your life - are you who you want to be?

Thursday, July 05, 2007

one more day

one more day of work! yeah! but its boys day tomorrow.. who knows what interesting things will happen.

only a week and 2 days till i run my half marathon.... its my first one. i am excited!

tomorrow ill be going to the onsen to get my "naked bathing with takusan japanese people" time in for the week. lets hope its not too hot so i dont cook.

today i had a class of wild 5th grade boys who wouldnt stop speaking japanese. so i put a chair right next to me, touching my chair. and made them all shake on it that if they speak japanese, they have to come sit by me for 1 minute. the first 20 minutes of class, i had someone sitting next to me.. they kind of sit on the far end of the seat, as far away as they can possibly get from me, and so i put my arm around them and scoot them closer. hahahah i love my punishments. but it worked, they stopped speaking japanese and noone had to sit by me. i think thursday's students are pretty jolly. it makes for a fun day of laughing.

today one of my adult students brought us cucumbers and eggplant fresh from her garden! yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did i mention that tomorrow is friday!? whooohooooo

1 Comments:

At July 05, 2007 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't be nervous about the bathing with Japanese people thing... but if you do get nervous just picture them all in their underwear (or naked if you wish). i'm sure that will help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home