The Adventures of Jen

This is your life - are you who you want to be?

Thursday, November 12, 2009

ibigawa marathon

What a great marathon. and coming back stronger than ever. I started ibigawa marathon with a 4:30 finishing time in mind. at halfway, I was 20 minutes ahead of schedule. the last 10 km were tough as usual, but i sucked it up and kept on going.

i ran my fastest marathon ever in 4:12 (my time from when i started the race, however it took me 1 minute to get to the starting line and so my official time is 4:13) I felt great until the 33km. which is strange because 33 is my favorite number. but i seem to always fall apart at 33. but with less than 6 miles to go, i knew i could finish. worst case in 4:30. i actually was on pace for awhile to finish in 4:05.

it was a beautiful course. lots of runners. lots of hills. lots of people cheering. what a great time. and at the halfway point i got to see hiro-my friend got him on a journalist bus so he could get to the halfway point to see me!

i took the week off from running. i swam wednesday and today and took an hour walk on thursday and will probably do another tomorrow. back to running on monday! about 3 months till tokyo marathon with a few 10km thrown in for fun. actually in about a week and a half, hiro and i will run the nagoya city 10km! hiros first race! should be fun!

well its friday and i am happy about that! 4 classes today and off at 8:10! whoohooo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home