The Adventures of Jen

This is your life - are you who you want to be?

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

EARTHQUAKE

yesterday i was teaching a class of 6th graders. we were doing an activity where oen student is guided by directions around the classroom, blindfolded. Well all of a sudden, the whole building shakes. i freeze and go "ahhhh" "ahhhh" and my mouth is dropped open. the students are laughing at me. my boss comes in and tell everyone to get their shoes on. but then it was over. i had no idea what to do, but i am pretty sure standing there with my shocked face and yelps was not it. way to be a brave girl.

on another note, its 11pm. i had a long list of things to do tonight, but so far i have succeeded in checking my email, facebook and talking to valerie on the phone. and now writing this blog- at least updating the blog was one thing on the list.

we can add to the list of 101 reasons my post office hates me.

i went in today to mail post cards and buy boxes to send some gifts in. i got the boxes no problem, however, the label i need, i didnt get. i had 2 choices (i think) and i tried to ask which one is cheapest. i forgot most of the words i needed, so i just said, after. ill do it later. hahah. this also means i have to go back another time.

kayla told me i can go to the post office to get euros, she said its pretty easy... well nothing is easy to me when i have to do it in japanese... well i mean besides singing grandfathers clock and ordering food.

this week at school is mcdonalds week. haha for real. we changed the mcdonalds menu into english and the students bring money and order and role play a mcdonalds order then my boss goes and buys it and brings it back to the students and we eat and have conversations. at first i thought-no way will this work, oh me of little faith.... its awesome. the students love it. and i think its important that english is fun to them.

hmm what else.... i leave for france in a week. i cant wait. i cant wait to see my friends and communicate easily and just be back.

ok i am off to try and be productive.

3 Comments:

At December 21, 2006 5:25 PM, Blogger Cara said...

Yayyy you're coming to France!!! Email me with details. I'll email u my calling card info so u can call me (me, not all your friends in france! hahaha) from Paris. Bisous.... à très bientôt!

 
At December 21, 2006 5:26 PM, Blogger Cara said...

And I wanna add... you're brave just living in a place that has earthquakes! I can't imagine

 
At December 29, 2006 2:23 AM, Blogger Siegfried Slayer said...

lol, earthquake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home