The Adventures of Jen

This is your life - are you who you want to be?

Monday, May 08, 2006

its about time i updated...

so lots of stuff has happened since the last post... ill start with the monday before i left france. i was planning on hanging out with some friends monday night. raquel and rach told me they were babysitting, and i was a little skeptical, but they left and i got a call from the lady who they were babysitting for, telling me they would be late to pick up the 2 girls, and asking for a cell phone number.... so i believed them. then ruth lise came and picked me up.. and when i got in the car, she asked me to put a scarf over my eyes. so we were driving a long with my eyes blindfolded. we stoped, parked and then walked down the street and then up some stairs. i had no idea where i was. we got in and i got unblindfolded and my friends ahd thrown me a surprise goodbye party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i have always wanted a surpriseparty, but i always figure it out so noone bothers to surprise me) we were at olivier's apt. and there was him, ruth lise, victor, christian, a friend of olivier, vero, and....RAQUEL AND RACHEL! i was so surprised! then we ate and then we played a game.. the jen quiz. there were lots of questions about me and we went around and if you didnt answer correctly on your turn, you had to choose a paper with a dare on it.

tuesday, i was really busy, getting eerything done. victor came for lunch, i wen tot the post office, i packed, and then that night i went to bible study then ruth lise came over to spend the night. we talked a little and then we went to bed. i had no desire to go to bed becuase i knew that i was leaving the next day.

wednesday we got up and put my stuff in ther car and then olivier came and we all rode to the airport. i didnt want to leave. we gotot the airport. my suitcases were over weight and i had 3 carry on bags, but i got through just fine. then ruth lise had to go to get to work, and olivier and r squared waited with me, prayed for me and sat with me. finally it was time to go... and so i walked through security and thats when i started crying. i cried then and i cried on the plane. i wished that the plane wouldnt take off. but it did... and then i had a layover in munich, chicago and finally i arrived in columbus.

charles picked me up. in his new car. we went to his place and he cooked some good food. and we talked for awhile. then he took me back to my dads and i went to bed. the next day i repacked in the morning, then i went and hung out with matt wigton and jenny bibnick at panera. it was a nice time. then i got back to dad and diane's and we had a cook out. we ate hamburgers and corn on the cob and baked beans. yum! i ran through the yard with my shoes off. michelle and joel and charles and another friend came over. it was a nice time.

friday morning at rhe crack of dawn, dad took em to the airport and i goton the plane for florida. i arrived at 12:30 and found my mom. we drove back, stopped at kohls (i found 2 pairs of jeans for 13 $) and then we went to lunch. i met some of my moms friends and then my brother and my fake brother came over. it was good to see them.

sat morning at 4:45 i woke up to go babysitting. and babysit i did. 10 hours with 2-3yr old twin girls. they are cute but between jetlag and constant paying attention, i was tired. i didnt knwo how i was goign to make it through the day, but i did. then mom picked me up at 6 and we went to a book store and walmart. then home. i ate a sandwich and went to bed....

sunday morning 5:45 i got up to go do 8 hrs of babysitting, which was much better than the day before. i was much less tired and had a goood time. then mom picked me up and we met my grandpa for dinner then came home watched a movie and did whatever.

so now you are up to date on my life. i have noticed some strange things since ive been back... here they are...

the 2 liters of pop are huge. i picked one up and asked my mom if they changed the size... but in france they are 1 liter bottles.

people bag your grocieries for you! its not a hectic time and its quite nice to check out.

americans are super friendly. in chicago, i met a feew older couples and they were just talking up a storm about their vacations, their kids, whatever... so funny. i forgot about that. i forgot that in the states, you can talk to whomever you want and its not weird.

i miss the public transportation
the food servings here are huge.
the US wastes a lot
people are big and loud here.

i miss speaking french.

well thats about it for now. i babysit for the next couple of evenings and my computer is goign to be sent one of these days in the near future to get repaired... so it could be a few days till the next update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home