The Adventures of Jen

This is your life - are you who you want to be?

Thursday, May 18, 2006

dude, i had a dell

so this will not be a happy friendly little blog...but yet a rant about dell. ill start from the beginning.

my computer has been overheating. so i call dell and they tell me i bought the 3 year warranty. just send it in, and we will send it back to you in 7-10 days. sounds simple enough. i get the packing box in the mail, send in my computer, and think...good my computer will be fixed, all is great. yipee! but unfortunatly thats not the next part of the story. tonight i got an email on the facebook. some random girl sends me a message telling me that my computer ended up at her door this afternoon. she wasnt in the room. the computer, MY computer was just left there and she opened it and realized it was a computer and not her computer. so she calls her mom who tells her this has happened before and has heard of this. so she goes to the facebook, and looks up my name. and sends this message...

This is really random but today I went to go to the vending machine and left my door cracked open. When I came back, a huge package was sitting in my room. When I looked at the label, I realized it was addressed to you but my room. So, I guess Dell accidentally delvivered your computer here. I didn't know what would be the best way to get it back to you, so just let me know!


so at this point, i am confused and flabbergasted. Dell sent my computer to the wrong address. even though they had already sent me the box and return label to my address in florida. so i call dell. ugh

i called thinking, alright this will be good to fix.. ill just tlak to someone. blah blah blah... yeah 4 people and 1 hour later, i am told to call back tomorrow morning. no one cares, i keep getting transferred. i keep asking them what would happen if it really was lost, or this girl didnt contact me. the fact of the matter is, my computer is in OHIO and i am NOT. so thankfully this wonderful girl will take it to someone i know and they will keep it for me, but i still want justice.

you better believe i am calling dell and will be prepared to talk to them ALL DAY LONG.... this is not how an established company works. heck i would have just kept my hot computer if id know this was all goign to happen. heck, my computer probably still has problems and i wont know till its too late and im in japan. UGH.

so the rest will be continued. but just some advice to you all...

DONT BUY A DELL. DONT BUY A DELL. DONT BUY A DELL. DONT BUY A DELL. BECAUSE IF THERE IS A PROBLEM... GOOD LUCK FIXING IT, GETTING YOUR COMPUTER RETURNED TO YOU, OR CONTACTING SOMEONE.

i am so frustrated.
goodnight.

2 Comments:

At May 18, 2006 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,

I hope you get your computer back soon. Persistence is key when dealing with tech support.

 
At May 20, 2006 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you in Athens right now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home