The Adventures of Jen

This is your life - are you who you want to be?

Friday, March 31, 2006

FIRE

yesterday I came to school. got off the bus and saw a ton of students out front, but fortunatly i was able to get in. i started class and things were going well... until I smelled somethiing. i stopped my students and asked them if they smelled something. we ran to the windows, saw nothing, one of my students opened the door and the hallway was filled with smoke... we grabbed our stuff, we ran out of the room. one girl called the firemen, we knocked on the all the doors to let them know there was a fire...

we ran outside to wait on the firemen... they came.. found out someone had started a trash can fire right next door to my class. the alam never went off. one of my students was crying.

im going to be well prepared for any challenges i may encounter in teaching or in life after this year;

right now as i write this blog, its during one of my classes... noone showed up. but i talked to them this morning sitting out front of the school.

i only have i month left in france. im sad just thinking about it.

for those of you who dont know, i am moving to japan in june/july to teach english there. it will sure be interesting.

my birthday is in 17 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At April 02, 2006 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep - your birthday is coming up! I remember almost 23 years ago...I was big as a house! Your dad and I had your new bedroom all ready...we were just waiting for you! Can't wait to see you...XOXO,Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home