The Adventures of Jen

This is your life - are you who you want to be?

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

and so we eat again

I am about to go to to my 3rd dinner party of the week tonight. I am trying to eat small amounts... today i wentrunning with renault. He asked me if i wanted to go do a little sport. by little sport, i was thinking a little jog.... was i ever wrong...

you are lucky i am still alive to write this. I will preface this with the fact i havent run consistently or much since i got to france...also renault is in stinking good shape.

so we jogged to the park.. i was feeling good. we started our jog. i was going fine for about 10 min. then we started going on hills and faster and faster. at this point i think ok, im feeling this, but how long can it last? so we continue for another 10 min. at this point i am ready to go home. but then he says ...stairs... so we go to the stairs at the park that have 3 sets of 8 or so. we run up them 5 times in a row. im tired. then he says, jump every 2 steps 3 times in a row. ok after this i am really ready to go home. but he sees the machines and we go to leg stuff. i am ok, then i am supposed to do 50 arm curl things... i successfully do...25. then i think...ok we haveto be close to being done..right?

no. we go to 30 pushups.... i do them...i guess you could say i attempted them. i went like halfway down. then we do like 30 sit ups. then he looks at me and says 10 min on the rowing machine...

i do 5 min. barely. we have already been at it for 1 hour. i am out of shape and i am with stinking arnold schwarzenegger. he tells me to come on...as we continue on, i sadly look behind me at the park entrance. we go to the basket ball hoops where there is a pull up bar. yes you heard me right. a chin up bar. in front of like 30 people playing basket ball, i dangle despretly. unable to pull myself up.. i think this means, i dont have to do it....NO. silly me. renault helps me this time and i do 20 pull ups.

at this point, we start heading in the direction of the exit.. i get excited but we stop... time to do 100 sit ups- double time. (i am used to being the one in better shape when i work out with my friends... yeah i am def not the one in shape one now)

renault looks at me and tells me we are going to do some sprints. (can it get worse?) so we go to the straight away and start doing sprints. i am left in the dust. thats ok. ive realized that maybe there are people that can run fast, but you know what? it takes talent to eat as many sugar cubes as i can without getting sick (note:i have stopped eating them)

we walk back home and i crawl up the steps to R squareds apartment. some how, ive managed to get myself into this all over again friday.

have a good day!

1 Comments:

At December 08, 2005 9:54 AM, Blogger T. F. Boggs said...

Hey Jen,
So I found your blog once again. It sounds like you are gonna be in great shape before long. I finally got around to a good workout schedule so we will see what happens. I hope all is well with you and I look forward to reading about your adventures. Your town looks beautiful, only slightly better where I am I suppose. Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home